- Online Help File: http://www.themolitor.com/help/wppolitico/
- Video walk-throughs: http://www.youtube.com/user/themolitor/videos
- Support Forums: http://www.themolitor.com/forums/
- Customization Requests: http://themolitor.com/custom
- Theme Demo: http://premium.themolitor.com/?theme=politico
- WP-PageNavi: http://tinyurl.com/59kwmq
- Contact Form 7: http://tinyurl.com/2hjj5x
- Twitter Widget Pro: http://tinyurl.com/ygzhxu2
- WP Super Cache: http://tinyurl.com/375zv9
- Regenerate Thumbnails: http://tinyurl.com/7sfaxc
- Display Widgets: http://tinyurl.com/y9wj8gs
- Facebook Like Box: http://tinyurl.com/5u5xm64
- Download and unzip the folder from ThemeForest.
- Upload the theme folder (with the "style.css" file inside) to the themes directory of your blog, which is located within the wp-content directory.
- Activate the theme from your admin panel by navigating to "appearance" > "themes".
- NOTE: If you get a message like “stylesheet missing” (it isn’t) or “broken theme” (it’s not), please read this post: http://tinyurl.com/9x7mpvr
Theme options are controlled from the theme customizer panel. Once finished installing the theme, be sure to review the options available by navigating to “Appearance” > “Customize”.
To add post thumbnails and slider images, use the “Featured Image” section of the post edit page (see screenshot below). Images for blog posts are 225x225. Images for the dual slider are 612x375. Images for the nivo slider are 918x375.
To create a gallery layout, simply create a page and upload images. Once you've uploaded images, use the "insert gallery" option that is built into WordPress (see image below).
Custom Post Options
Below each post and page edit box is a section called “Custom Post Options”. This is where you will find theme-specific features for the post or page you're editing.
To organize your menu tabs, navigate to “Appearance” > “Menus”. For more information and instruction, watch the theme setup video here: http://www.youtube.com/user/themolitor/videos.
NOTE: Sub menus are not supported for the header menu.
The widgets section is controlled from the "widgets" page (under "appearance"). The “Live Widgets” section controls the sidebar widgets and "Footer Widgets" control the bottom widgets.
Full Page Layout
To create a full-page layout, select “Full Page (no sidebar)” in the template drop down inside page attributes (see screenshot below)
It’s a good idea to set the size of images to use within your post/page content. Navigate to “Settings” > “Media” and make your images the same sizes as indicated in the below screenshot…
- Turn off comments site-wide:
- Navigate to "settings" > "discussion" and uncheck the allow comments box... http://tinyurl.com/4yqmndt
- Turn off comments for a specific post/page:
This theme uses PrettyPhoto as a lightbox system for images. You can make images show up with the light box by adding
rel=”prettyPhoto” to the links. For more info, check out the PrettyPhoto website: http://www.no-margin-for-errors.com/projects/prettyphoto-jquery-lightbox-clone/
OPTIONAL: To achieve the same pagination as the demo, you’ll want to install and activate the “WP-PageNavi” plugin. No setup required, just activate the plugin. You can download it here: http://tinyurl.com/59kwmq
To apply tool tips to links, make sure you give them a class name of "tooltip" and an appropriate title attribute. The styling of the tooltip is achieved in the CSS file under the "TOOL TIP STYLE" section, with the class name of ".itooltip".
Embedding YouTube Videos
You can embed YouTube videos by pasting the embed code provided by YouTube (see screenshot) into the post content box. When you're dealing with raw code, make sure you're using the "HTML" tab (not the "visual") tab on the WordPress page/post edit screen.
- Custom Scripts: The scripts.js file provides some custom scripts for jQuery.
- Countdown: This file is what operates the countdown feature.
The 2 main PSD files, “politico.psd” and “politico-page.psd” utilizes folders for organizing content. If you’re trying to edit a specific section, just locate the proper folder to find the layer.
v2.0.9 - March 2017 * Improved legibility of text and content * Code improvements and optimizations * Fixed theme check errors/warnings v2.0.8 - March 2016 * Code improvements and optimizations v2.0.7 - Jan 2016 * Fixed: Header z-index issue when viewing images in lightbox pop-up. v2.0.6 - Jun 2015 * Added: ZoomBox lightbox plugin zip file to files folder (optional). * Removed: prettyPhoto lightbox plugin due to vulnerability. v2.0.5 - Apr 2015 * Added support for WordPress 4.2 sidebar requirements * Code improvements and optimizations v2.0.4 - Mar 2015 * Code improvements and optimizations v2.0.3 - Apr 2014 * Code improvements and optimizations v2.0.2 - Feb 2014 * Code improvements and optimizations v2.0.1 - Jan 2014 * Minor bug fix v2.0.0 - Jan 2014 * Added: Responsive theme layout. * Added: Clicking videos in slider pauses slider. * Added: Font Awesome icon support. * Added: retina support. * Improved: Slider perfomance. * Improved: Site loading times and performance. v1.4.1 - Sept 2013 * Added: Styling support for the email field. * Added: Custom CSS option in theme customizer. * Fixed: Typo in theme customizer for the "Facebook URL" field. v1.4.0 - Sept 2013 * Added: WP theme customizer support (replaces OptionTree theme options panel). * Improved: general code improvements. v1.3.0 - Feb 2013 * Added: localization support. v1.2.2 - Feb 2013 * Updated: theme options panel. v1.2.1 - Nov 2012 * Updated: theme options panel appearance and updated/added support tab. v1.2.0 - Aug 2012 * Added: Built-in theme options. Plugin no longer required. * Improved: Code optimized/updated. v1.1.0 * Fixed: 2nd level drop down menu bug in IE. * Added: OptionTree settings are now built into the theme.